I get about half of the kids to dig on this one. I'm determined that it won't be long before they all love it! ;)
What you'll need:
2 medium sized sweet potatoes
1 package of firm tofu
1 can black beans
1/2 white or yellow onion
3 large cloves minced garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
Lemon-pepper seasoning, to taste
Bragg's Liquid Amino's
Lettuce or kale
Tomatoes &/or salsa
Avocado or guacamole
- Chop sweet potatoes into squares and sauté in grape seed oil. As the potatoes begin to soften, add the tofu and chop/scramble it into crumbles (as pictured above).
- Add chopped or diced onion.
- Add minced garlic.
- Add Bragg's (squirt from the bottle in a circle around the pan one time).
- Add juice from 1 lemon.
- Continue to sauté on medium-high until everything is cooked and begins to brown and become slightly crunchy.
- Season with lemon-pepper (or spices of your choice)
- Add black beans (they're added just long enough to get warmed up)
- Warm corn tortillas on stove top skillet so they become slightly crunchy without being fried (no oil needed).
- Top with taco mixture, avocado, tomatoes and/or salsa, and chopped romaine lettuce or kale.